DRAMA SCHOOL OFFERS OPEN ADDRESS BY DAVIS

Former Harvard Man to Discuss Theatre of Today--Lecturer Has Written Many Stage Successes

Owen Davis, prominent dramatist and often called the dean of American playwrights, will give a lecture on "The Theater of Today from an Insider's Point of View" in Harvard Hall, room 1 today at 4 o'clock. All Harvard and Radcliffe students are invited to attend the lecture, which is being held under the auspices of the Cambridge School of Drama.

Having been in close connection with the stage since 1898, Davis will discuss its position today. Since the production of one of his first plays. "Nellie the Beautiful Cloak Model", he has been one of America's successful playwrights. His play "Icebound" was the winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1923. Some of the other popular plays written by him are "The Detour", "The Nervous Wreek", and "Lazybones".

At the time he attended Harvard, from 1890 to 1893, he was almost unrivalled as a sprinter. Soon after leaving the College he entered the field of drama, with which he has been connected ever since. He is a past president of both the Authors' League of America and Dramatists Guild.