"Success"

According to the financial questionnaire of the Princeton Alumni Weekly answered by 970 graduates, the average salary is $8,000 and the average income from investments $10,000 per year. The most significant indication of this report is that Princeton alumni are outstanding leaders in the economic life of the nation.

That over two-thirds of the graduates under 35 years of age have income in excess of $3,000 seems proof enough of the value of higher education. The graduation of increasing salaries with age is fairly regular, culminating with an admirable quarter of those over 55 receiving over $25,000 a year.

This paints a happy future for the average Princetonian. A natural curiosity regarding Yale futures immediately stimulates speculation and arouses a feeling that a similar investigation should be made of the alumni's pecuniary fortunes here.

However, a similar project is unnecessary. The results of a Yale inquiry would unquestionably be in such close harmony with those at Princeton that we should be foolish to fail to profit by her fingers. The Yale atmosphere in American business is very impressive. It should breed confidence here that the success of Yale alumni is at least as high as any in the nation.

Yale men and all colleges may feel a certain satisfaction in the figures Princeton has published. But they must not attach too much importance to them by failing to balance the numbers of huge incomes against the meager which make an $18,000 average. Nor must they fail to consider the conditions within the homes and the standards of living which develop under our systems of education. Unquestionably Princeton has done as much for her sons in these respects. perhaps more. Nevertheless a consideration for the vagaries such an investigation entails will serve to illuminate its limitations. --Yale Daily News.