GLEE CLUB AND CHORAL GIVE "MASS IN B MINOR"

EXPECTED TO BE LAST JOINT PERFORMANCE

The Harvard Glee Club tomorrow will join again with the Radcliffe Choral Society and the Boston Symphony Orchestra in a performance of the "Mass in B Minor" by J.S. Bach. The work will be given in two sections; the first commencing at 4.30 o'clock and the second at 8.30 o'clock.

This will be the second presentation of the Mass and will be the last offering in the Bach Festival given by the Boston Orchestra under the direction of Dr. Koussevitzky. The performances of several works by Bach have been given in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Boston Orchestra and marked the climax of the symphony season. The Orchestra engaged the Glee Club and the Choral Society to share the burden of the choral work with the Bach Cantata Club. The Harvard and Radcliffe organizations furnished a chorus of nearly 300 voices. The singers were prepared by Dr. A.T. Davison '06 and G.W. Woodworth '24.

As was the case last Tuesday, when the Mass was first performed, the singers and the members of the orchestra will be guests of the Symphony management at a supper which will be given in a large room under the auditorium of Symphony Hall.

This probably will be the last appearance of the Glee Club in conjunction with the Boston Orchestra this season. There is, however, a possibility that there will be a repetition of "Ode", a choral and orchestral setting by E.B. Hill '94 of a poem written by Robert Hillyer '17 commemorating the founding of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.