TENNIS SQUAD IN INITIAL MEETING THIS AFTERNOON

THREE MEN WILL MAKE SUMMER TRIP ABROAD

The University tennis squad will have its first meeting this year when Coach Harry Cowles assembles his men in the Freshman Gymnasium today at 5o'clock. Six of last year's undefeated team are expected to report, headed by Captain M. T. Hill '31. Practice is to start tomorrow in the New Gymnasium, where three indoor courts are available. Freshmen will probably report next Monday.

No outdoor practice will be held before the spring trip to the south, which will give the team experience on open courts necessary for the difficult schedule on returning to Cambridge. As in previous years the team will be the guests of the Norfolk Country Club and will play games with southern teams in Norfolk, Va.

The team, unbeaten for two years has high hopes of victory in view of the few losses from graduation. Letter men coming out this year are W. L. Breese '31, D. M. Frame '32, Captain Hill, A. C. Ingraham '31, A. W. Patterson '32, and R. L. Tower '31. These men are essentially singles men, though Ingraham and Patterson were paired against Yale last year.

In the summer the first three men from the Harvard team, and the first three from Yale will play together against Oxford and Cambridge, and then journey on the continent to play in tournaments and to give exhibition matches.

The schedule is as follows: April 14, William and Mary at Norfolk: April 16, Norfolk Country Club at Norfolk; April 17, University of Virginia at Norfolk; April 18, Navy at Annapolis; April 20, Princeton at Princeton; April 22, Holy Cross; April 29, Brown; May 1, Amherst; May 2, Cornell; may 8, Pennsylvania; May 9, University of North Carolina; May 13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; May 16, Williams at Williamstown; May 20. The Longwood Club (tentative); May 23, Yale at New Haven.