LOWELL HOUSE TO HOLD FIRST DANCE TONIGHT

FLOWERS AND CEDAR TREES FORM DECORATIVE SCHEME

A House Dance, the first formal social function that has yet been conducted under the House System, will take place this evening in the Dining Hall of Lowell House, with nearly the entire body of residents in attendance.

In planning the dance the committee in charge has taken great care in planning the decorations, which will consist of a large number of boxed cedar trees to be placed at intervals along the walls of the room. Cut flowers will also be employed to add color to the dance. Both the Main and the Tutors' Common Rooms will be available for the guests, while the House Library and the Tower Room will be left open throughout the evening.

Music will be supplied from 9 o'clock until 2 o'clock by R. G. Edwards '31, a resident of Lowell House, and 10 members of his North Shore Ramblers Orchestra. At midnight supper is to be served. For the benefit of those who attend the dance, it has been decided to leave unlocked the gate near the Dining Hall on the Gore Hall side of Lowell House, as well as the main gateway off Mt. Auburn Street.

Patronesses for the dance will include the following: Mesdames W. F. Beach, P. P. Chase, J. L. Coolidge, Hallowell Davis, A. T. Davison, W. Y. Elliott, E. S. Emery, A. L. Endicott, R. W. Hale, W. T. Ham, A. C. Hanford, P. M. Herzog, Matthew Luce, D. T. W. McCord, R. B. Merriman, C. H. Moore, Eliot Perkins, A. L. Putnam, E. K. Rand, Harlow Shapley, W. L. Sperry, A. N. Whitehead, and B. J. Whiting.

Ushers for the dance will be the following: E. S. Amazeen '31, Garrett Birkhoff '32, J. B. Campbell '31, M. M. de Picaba '31, A. B. Emmons '33, Phillips Finlay '31, C. M. Norton 2L., Donough Prince '31, R. C. Robbins '32, William Stix '32, Oscar Sutermeister '32, Peregrine White '33, P. M. Whitman '32, and W. M. Wing '31.