Learned Key-Carriers Set Out Today for Annual Yale Game--Hope to Whittle Down Last Year's Score of 50 to 2

Setting out from Cambridge at 7.45 o'clock sharp this morning, two carloads of trained and determined Phi Beta Kappa baseball talent will embark on a long matutinal motor trek with New Haven, Connecticut, as the objective. At least ten Crimson key-carriers, including two members of the Junior eight, will constitute the nine that is to invade the home of truth and light bent on showing that scholarships and athletic prowess can go very much hand in hand.

Ever since Rumor spread the word that the morning departure was to be made at the unprecedentedly early hour of 7.45 o'clock, local dopesters have been put to it to explain why the leaders of learning should content themselves with 15 minutes of House breakfast in the could grey dawn to reach the field of a battle scheduled on the Elis' Jayvee diamond, for the tardy hour of 3.30 o'clock. Nor have the few statement vouchsafed by officials gone far to clarify the situation.

"We hope to whittle down the 50 to 2 score of last year." D. H. Popper '32, manager of the team, declared, refusing to specify methods. Allegations that the phrase "whittling" implied a resort to sturdy New England methods of the days of Iroquois and Pequots were strenuously denied.

"We have had two days practice," the management pointed out, "on the athletics, self-coached for all principle. Our methods will be entirely above-board, and with luck, at the bat, touching first, third, and home, we will win." Observers on Soldiers Field report that one of the practice sessions was spent in watching the CRIMSON-Lampoon clash, and if the scholars were impressed with journalistic methods, Eli key men should learn this afternoon what can happen to a man between the key-stone sack and the hot corner.

A. L. Kowarsky '31, First Marshal, at second base, will lead a squad composed of, J. A. Marcus '31, 1b.: W.W Foshay '31, 2b.: H.A. Bettman '31, 3b.: R.U. Jameson '32 and G.K. Rugg '31, p.: H.A. Waterman, Jr. '31, l.c.; D.B. Popper '32, e.f.: Charles Brenner '32, e.f.: with D.H. Hindman '31 in reserve.

The Eli squad will be made up of Hardy, Borwitz, Toole, Dehnke, Hell, Head, MeDuffy, Adama, Russell, Day, Mark, Bartman, and Weiele.