Lawrence, Moors Resign From Corporation; Lee, Clark Elected

Was Professor of Hygiene for 10 Years--Clark was Leader of Plattsburg Development

It was announced yesterday that the Right Reverend William Lawrence '71, and John Farwell Moors '83, have resigned as members of the Harvard Corporation. Bishop Lawrence has served on the Corporation since 1913 and Mr. Moors since 1918.

The election of Roger Irving Lee '02, of Brookline, and of Grenville Clark '03, of New York City, as members of the Corporation was ratified this morning at a special meeting of the Board of Overseers of Harvard University. Dr. Lee, a graduate of the Harvard Medical School in 1905, was from 1914 to 1924 the Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene at Harvard. He returned to the practice of medicine in 1924 as a consultant in internal medicine. Clark, a member of the law firm of Root, Clark, and Buckner of New York City, received his LL.B. from the Harvard Law School in 1906. He is member of the Overseers Committee to visit Harvard College.

Lawrence Groton Trustee

Bishop Lawrence was born in Boston in 1850, and after graduating from Harvard College he attended the Episcopal Theological School, from which he received the degree of Bachelor of Sacred Theology in 1875. After being ordained deacon in 1875, and priest in 1876, he became Rector of Grace Church, Lawrence, Massachusetts. In 1893 he was consecrated Bishop of Massachusetts, resigning the office and title in 1926. He is president of the Church Pension Fund, chairman of the trustees of St. Mark's and Groton Schools, and a member of the National Council of the Protestant Episcopal Church. He received the degree of Doctor of Divinity from Harvard in 1923.

Moors on Finance Commission

Mr. Moors received his M.A. degree in 1884. He is at present the senior member of the firm of Moors and Cabot, brokers. His many public interests include the presidency of the Family Welfare Society of Boston, membership on the Boston Finance Commission, and the presidency of the Public School Association. He is state director of the Collateral Loan Company, and a director and member of the executive committee of the State Street Trust Company.

Lee Won D.S. Medal

In 1915, Dr. Lee saw service in France with the Harvard Unit, and in September, 1918, he was sent to the American Army, spending a short time with the Army of Occupation in Germany. He is a member of the Public Health Council of the State of Massachusetts. From 1915 through 1918. Clark was occupied in working out the "Plattsburg Idea". He was the first to suggest holding the original "professional and business men's" training camps in 1915, as derived from General Wood's organization for summer camps for college men. For his work he received the Distinguished Service Medal. He is a trustee of the Orthopaedic Hospital and Dispensary of New York, and of the Green Vale School, and is a member of the executive committee of the New York Institute.