BOND ISSUES CALL FOR 1935'S GRID ASPIRANTS

THREE OF SIX CONTESTS WILL BE PLAYED AWAY

Freshman football for the 1931 season will begin officially this afternoon at 3 o'clock, when Coach R. H. Bond '19, who succeeds A. E. French '26 as pilot of the first year squad, will meet all candidates in the Briggs Baseball Cage. The session today will be brief so that it will not conflict with the 4 o'clock meetings of any College courses.

Two additional newcomers on the Freshman coaching staff will assist Coach Bond this year. P. L. Wendell '13 is the new backfield coach while C. H. Bradford '26 will have charge of the line. These men succeed Madison Sayles '26, who is now one of Jimmy Knox's assistants on the Jayvee squad, and Jake Turner, former Freshman line mentor. F. A. Pickard '29 will continue as end coach this season.

Expect About 200

About two hundred first year men are expected to report today, a number which will be cut to approximately 60 at the end of the week. All men who are not retained on the Freshman squad will report to another group of coaches directing the three intramural squads. This division is by no means final, and with an extensive schedule of Freshman intramural contests to be run off, any man who is dropped to the lower squads in the first cut will have ample opportunity to prove that he is of first team ability.

The Freshman schedule, including six games with three away from Cambridge, is as follows: October 10, Andover; October 17, Exeter; October 24, Worcester Academy at Worcester; October 31, Dartmouth at Hanover; November 6, Harvard Seconds; November 14, Yale.

Candidates who have not yet gotten equipment should do so this morning, or at 1.30 o'clock, at the Dillon Field House.

The first managerial competition open to the Class of 1935 will begin today at 1 o'clock, when all Freshman football managerial candidates assemble at the H. A. A.