HARVARD OLYMPIC REPRESENTATION STILL UNDECIDED

Dean's Office to Consider Granting or Refusal of Request--Crimson Stars Assured of Place

Whether or not Harvard University will be represented on the American Olympic hockey team, now training at Lake Placid, remained undecided last night. An invitation has been extended to W. B. Wood '32, and C. C. Cunningham '32, centre and right wing on the University sextet, to join the Olympic team by Coach A. R. Winsor.

Whether or not this request, similar to the one made to John Muhlfeld and Dunbar Bostwick, Yale players, will be granted is contingent on the decision of the College authorities in allowing students to participate. Since the American hockey squad, which begins intensive training for the Olympics early in February, will be practicing and playing over a period which coincides with the mid-year period at Harvard, the playing of the Crimson star forwards on the United States team is quite problematic, and rests on the decision of the Dean's office.

Bingham Will Consult Office

William J. Bingham '16, director of athletics at Harvard, stated yesterday that he would sound out the academic committee to determine if the players will be allowed to have time off from their studies and the mid-year examinations, which will be held during the time between the start of practice sessions and the Olympics.

There is a possibility, depending on the decision of the authorities, that examiners would make the trip with the players, should the latter be allowed and inclined to go. In this case they would be given their examinations during their stay at Lake Placid. The last examinations which Wood and Cunningham have to face are not easily adapted to giving out of college however, and it is more than likely that the success of such a trip to either of them would hang on the chance that they would be at least temporarily excused from these tests. This is an unlikely supposition.

It is said that Coach Winsor has these players in mind as definite members of his final squad, and that, should they be allowed to participate in the winter sports Olympiad, he would make room for them by dropping two of the present prospects.