MURDOCK TO SPEAK TO 1935 AT UNION MEETING TONIGHT

Piano Recital by Deitelbaum is Also Planned--Motion Picture Night to Come in Near Future

Professor K. B. Murdock '16, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and Master of Leverett House, will speak tonight, in the Upstairs Common Room of the Union at 7.45 o'clock in the first of a series of Faculty addresses to the members of the Class of 1935, sponsored by the Freshman Union Committee. Professor Murdock's talk, which will be preceded by the second of a series of piano recitals planned by the Union Committee, is to be on "American Humor." Professor Murdock and Delmar Leighton '19, dean of the first year class, will be guests of the Freshmen at dinner.

The Faculty addresses, to be given throughout the winter and spring, will number about 10, and are in charge of D. B. Bates '35, E. F. Bowditch '35, and W. K. Wygant '35, of the Union Committee.

The piano recital, which will be in the Large Common Room of the Union at 7.15 o'clock, is to be given by William Deitelbaum '35. He will present a program of modern music, which includes a novellette number, "Dizzy Fingers," "Doing the New York," and "Tiger Rag."

Before the midyear period calls a halt on Freshman activities at the Union, it has been decided to have a "motion picture night," which will come on Thursday. There will be a complete cinema entertainment showing Charles Chaplin in "The Adventurer," Harvard-Yale football pictures, and "The Covered Wagon," an outstanding feature picture of several years ago. The Union Committee has rented these pictures from the Kotlascope Film Library of Boston. Members of the Class of 1935 will supply the projector and show the films. During the performance, the 1935 Union orchestra will make its initial appearance for the approval of the first year class.