JACKSON'S BOOK TO FORM BASIS OF PUDDING SHOW

PERFORMANCES DATED IN MARCH AND APRIL

As a result of competitions which have been going on since last summer, work on the book, music, and lyrics of the Hasty Pudding theatrical production have been completed. The book which is to be used is the work of J. B. Jackson '32, the title of which, "Beer up!" will probably be given to the play. Jackson has been an active member of the Dramatic Club the last four years. The music and lyrics were written by J. S. Plaut '33 and H. R. Herrmann '32, who have been writing Harvard professional music for several years.

Plot of the Play

The play is a farce about two college boys who have heavy bills from a bootlegger, which they think an unjust situation. On a visit to the bootlegger's summer hotel to settle the bills, the bootlegger is killed before the two debtors arrive; the boys are left in charge of the hotel, and the main action of the play centers about the humorous situations which subsequently occur.

John Boyle, New York producer, has again been engaged to direct the play. Boyle, who has worked with Jack Donahue, Ann Pennington, and Marilyn Mille", was largely responsible for the staging of the last two Hasty Pudding theatricals. Boyle will be assisted by Dr. Theodore Spencer, a member of the English department, who is revising the book and music. Dr. Spencer is a member of the Princeton Triangle Club and the Marlowe Society of Oxford University, England.

Performances will be given at the Hasty Pudding Club house on March 29, 30, 31, April 1, 14, 15, 16; at Wellesley on April 2; in New York on April 8; and at Smith College on April 9.