GEOLOGISTS MOVE IN ON MUSEUM'S FIFTH FLOOR

GEOLOGY 4 AND 5 WILL WORK IN RENOVATED SECTION

Alterations are in progress on the central portion of the fifth floor of the University Museum whereby it is being made over for use by the department of Geology. The alterations have been going on since the middle of last week and will probably be finished by the end of the examination period.

These quarters, which have been vacated by the department of Biology, now housed in the Biological Institute, will be used by the department of Geology for laboratory work and additional offices. The South end of the fifth floor of the Museum, now used by the department of Geology, will be used by the department of Anthropology, which at present occupies only the Southeast wing of the building. The renovated section of the museum to be used by the department of Geology will make possible the consolidation of all the laboratory work in Geology 4 and Geology 5, which is now being carried on in different sections of the South end of the building. It will also house the new offices of Professor Kirk Bryan, Chairman of the Board of Tutors, and Professor M. P. Billings '23, as well as offices for several graduate students, which have been needed badly for a long time.

The alterations consist of removing various old partitions, some sinks, and some built-in cupboards in the section. New partitions of glass, sheet-rock, and wire grating are being installed in their place, which will divide the section up into four large rooms for laboratory use and the smaller offices.