COMMENCE WORK ON 1931 CLASS REPORT TO BE ISSUED IN MAY

Report Will Supplement Class Album And Contain Opinions of Students On Undergraduate Life

Over 1000 address and information blanks were sent out to members of the Class of 1931 last night to gather information for the publication of the Class Report which will be issued in May. The blanks have been issued by John Bright Garrison '31, secretary of the class. They ask for the full name and address of the classmate, his present address and occupation, and whether or not he is married, and to whom, and if he has any children.

The first report will contain as much information about the graduates as can be gathered from these blanks, including all those who entered with the Class in 1931. This record is usually placed at the back of the paper-bound volume, and this year's report is not expected to depart from the set form. A short introductory foreword by the secretary will be followed by the treasurer's report for the year ending May, 1931, to be submitted by Clarence Douglas Dillon '31.

A complete list of bachelors degrees awarded to members of the Class, as well as a list of the students entering the various graduate schools in the University will be contained. Prize awards and scholarships will also be compiled. A great deal of space will probably be devoted to all sports in which members of the Class participated in their four years at College, with complete summaries. Other extra-curricular activities and clubs are to be listed in full.

One of the most interesting features which Class reports usually contain are the statistics on the attitudes of the students on various topics, as gathered from "The Class Lives." Last June the Seniors received blanks on which they were asked to write their opinions on the various phases of undergraduate life, such as the tutorial system, the House plan, the system of general examinations, concentration, and distribution, as well as their views on religion, politics, drinking and smoking. A general tabulation of these will be included as well as excerpts from a few representative discussions on the undergraduate problems. The report, and the ones which will be issued periodically from now on, will serve to bring the Class Album up to date.