SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA GIVES EXTRA CONCERT

Gershwin's New Concert to be Played Saturday--First Noon Concert in Symphony Hall

George Gershwin, composer of "The Rhapsody in Blue", will give a special performance with the Boston Symphony Orchestra of his new concerto at noon on Saturday. He is playing the concerto for the first time publicly at the regular Friday afternoon and Saturday evening concerts of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and because of the great demand for tickets for these performances, it was decided to give this special performance of his new work.

Not only is this the first time that Gershwin's new concerto has been heard, but it is the first time, as far as is known, that there has been a concert of any kind at the noon-hour in Symphony Hall. This hour was set so that those who do not get an opportunity to come to concerts at ordinary hours will be able to come to this one, in accordance with the wishes of Dr. Serge Koussevitsky, conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. The gross receipts will go to the fund for the unemployed of the City of Boston, the entire Orchestra and Mr. Gershwin donating their services gratis.