CRACK ST. MARY'S TEAM WILL OPPOSE CRIMSON TONIGHT

Saints Only Possess Three Spares For Replacements--Visitors Have Four Veterans On Team

St. Mary's fast-skating Middle West hockey team will furnish the University stickmen plenty of opposition tonight when the visitors clash with the Crimson sextet at 8.30 o'clock in the Boston Garden.

The Saints have already defeated the St. Nicholas A. C. sextet 1 to 0 and shut out Brown 3 to 0, while the Harvard hockey players slumped badly in their last game with Princeton last Saturday after defeated two crack Canadian teams from Queens and McGill Universities. The Middle West sextet has brought along only three spares, so the Crimson policy will probably be to tire out the opponents with one fresh line after another.

Four veterans comprise the backbone of the visiting Saints' sextet: E. and L. Prelesnick, Lynch, and Captain Almquist. All of these men were on their team's Eastern tour last year when the St. Mary's stickmen ran up a series of victories only to be trimmed 3 to 1 by Yale in their final game. In the recent exhibition against St. Nicholas, the Saints are reported to have considerably outclassed the New Yorkers in spite of the deceptively small score, although the metropolitan team was not running full strength. On the whole, the Crimson's strong reserves should prove a strong factor in favor of the home team this evening in a game which would otherwise be a toss-up, but the Harvard sextet will have to show a lot better playing than it did against the Tiger aggregation which Yale trimmed so easily a short time ago. HARVARD  ST. MARY'S Cunningham, r.w.  l.w., E. Prelesnick Wood, c.  c., Bujold Crosby, l.w.  r.w., Howden McGregor, r.d.  l.d., L. Prelesnick Palmer, l.d.  r.d., Lynch deGive, g.  g., Almquist