FOUR PROFESSORS TO LECTURE OVER RADIO

FIRST BROADCAST ON "WHAT THE CONSUMER SHOULD DO"

Four Harvard professors have agreed to give educational talks within the next few months, taking part in a series of lectures by prominent American authorities on the various aspects of modern life, sponsored by the National Advisory Council on Radio in Education.

F. W. Taussig '79, Lee Professor of Economics, will talk on "What the Consumer Should Do" as part of a course on "Aspects of the Depression." This will be one of the first of these Saturday evening broadcasts over the National Broadcasting Company network. W. B. Cannon '96, Professor of Physiology will be the next Harvard speaker, lecturing on "The Effects of Strong Emotion." In this talk, scheduled for January 23, he will outline some of the famous experiments performed in his laboratory at the medical school on the reactions of the animal functions of the human body to hunger, fear, rage, and pain, a subject on which he has written many works.

A discussion of the "Difficulties in Learning" will be given by W. F. Dearborn, Professor of Education, towards the end of March. This lecture will be the second of a series of five on the psychology of education. On April 30 Elton Mayo, Professor of Industrial Research and Director of the Fatigue Research Laboratory in the Business School, will talk over the air on "The Problem of Working Together." This talk is one of a course on "Phychology and Industry." The introductory address in this series was given on January 2 by R. M. Hutchins, President of the University of Chicago. Printed pamphlets especially prepared to accompany these lectures can be had of the University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois.