HARRIERS FACE M.I.T. IN SECOND RACE OF SEASON

Varsity Squad in Excellent Shape For Contest--Freshman Team To Run Over Shorter Distance

The Varsity cross country team will meet the M.I.T. harriers in the second race of the season today on the flat course, four and one-half miles in length. Before the Varsity race, the first-year men will run against the M.I.T. Freshmen over a course of three and three-quarters miles.

The Varsity squad is in excellent shape for the race. There are no men with injuries and J. M. Estabrook '34 and James Parton '34, who were unable to run in last week's race against Holy Cross, will both run today. Both the Varsity and the Freshman teams are expected to make a good showing in today's race because of their record against Holy Cross last week and because both squads are in better shape than they were for their opening races.

Coach Mikkola stated yesterday that the individual standing in today's race would determine the team which would be used in later races this season. He also said that one of the chief reasons for the strength of both the Varsity and the Freshman teams was the record turnout this year, with 55 men reporting for the Freshman squad and 53 men for the Varsity.