Taussig Fires Opening Gun in Crimson Political Forum---Advocates Roosevelt

"No One Party Should Be Allowed To Hold Power Indefinitely" -- Scores Present Regime For Corruption

The following interview with Professor Taussig is the first of a series which will be published in the Crimson between now and the day of the Harvard presidential poll, Thursday, October 20. Members of the faculty, representing both major parties, and, if possible, the minor parties, will be invited to express their political opinions in this forum.

"I shall vote for Governor Roosevelt because I am in sympathy with his position on the country's main problems", stated F. W. Taussig, Henry Lee Professor of Economics, last night. "Roosevelt is progressive and at the same time can did and careful in his declared program on prohibition, the railways, taxation, and honesty and efficiency in government. His handling of the Walker removal case was a model of objectiveness, thoroughness, and good judgment. His action and discussion on the power utilities show a real facing of this great problem and of the need of regulating and curbing the industries.

"In addition", continued the eminent economist, "I believe that it would be good for the country to have a complete change. No party should be allowed to feel that it has a permanent mortgage on place and power, regardless of miadeeda, condouement of corruption, and crime, empty beatings and signal failures,"

Professor Taussig was one of the forty Harvard professors who endorsed Alfred E. Smith in the 1928 campaign.