ONLY 39 OUT OF 1115 MEN RECEIVE "A" IN POSTURE

Statistics Taken by Physical Education Department Reveal 276 Men Have Deficient Carriages

Only 39 men, or three per cent of the class, make good enough mechanical use of their bodies to be graded A in posture, results of the recent tests of the Freshman class conducted by the physical education department show. This percentage shows the class to be considerably below standard in posture, the usual percentage of A's being from five to seven.

A quarter of the class, 276 men, received D grades and will be enrolled in special body-building classes for six weeks during the winter. This is some-what over the ordinary number of men with deficient posture, B grades were received by 251 men, or 23 per cent, and C's by 504, or 47 per cent.

The first of the classes for D men will start October 31 in the New Athletic Building, under the direction of N. W. Fradd with the assistance of D. E. Coe. About 80 men will be called in the first contingent, the remainder to be enrolled at six-week intervals during the indoor season.