FOOTBALL TEAM IN FIGHTING TRIM FOR DARTMOUTH CLASH

Squad Practices in Rain To Put On Big Green's Passes--Dartmouth Host To Arrive This Afternoon

With the exception of Jack Grady, who will be kept out of the game with Dartmouth tomorrow with a severe cold and an old hurdling injury, Coach Casey will put into the field a team in excellent physical trim for the first of four games in the long uphill climb toward the Yale climax.

Taking the field in spite of the rain yesterday afternoon, the squad put on the Green's long and short passes, since in last week's encounter with Pennsylvania, the Dartmouth passing machine worked with hairtrigger precision, although the Indians bowed before the rushes, 14-7.

Passing Perfected

Crickard and Dean were put through the paces, throwing many passes, and will probably supplement Wells in the Crimson's aerial onslaught, since Wells has been the only regular in Casey's passing offense.

Every man on Team A has been working in close coordination since the second practice of the season. The only major substitution in the first string line was Casey for Hallowell at center in the Penn State game. The teamwork of the first string will not be disturbed when Crane starts in at Gundlach's berth tomorrow, since the new right guard has been practicing with the regulars for several weeks.

Green Arrives Today

At 4.40 o'clock this afternoon the Indian host will arrive in Boston, accompanied by their band. Because of the lateness of the hour they will not practice in the Stadium but will have a workout before the whistle blows at 2 o'clock tomorrow.

Running guards will be in demand and it is likely that Pescosolido and Locke will play a great part of the game. A long defense staged by the Junior Varsity displayed that the first line was practically invulnerable to the Dartmouth plays. Fortified by yesterday's intensive drill, and encouraged by the prospect of a vigorous battle which will test the Crimson's strength, for the first time, the whole squad will go on the field fully prepared to take the Indian's scalps.