ECONOMY LEAGUE HOLDS DRIVE FOR ENROLLMENT

LEAGUE ORGANIZED TO CUT COST OF GOVERNMENT

A two-day enrollment campaign is to be held today and tomorrow in the University by the National Economy League. Tables will be set up during meal hours today and tomorrow in all the Houses but Lowell House, where members of the University, who are registered voters, may enroll in the League. Enrollment will likewise take place all of today and tomorrow in Baker Library at the Business School, and in the rotunda of the Coop. Law School members may enroll Wednesday and Thursday in Langdell Hall.

The following statement in connection with the drive was issued yesterday by Guilford Stewart '27, chairman of the Harvard enrollment campaign: "The Economy League has been organized in a belief that a reduction of governmental expenses is essential to the return of prosperity, lessening of unemployment and the reconstruction of national economic stability. Its purposes are the restoration of the American principle of representative government for the common good, and the elimination of wasteful or unjustifiable government expenditures, Federal, State or local.

"The League has decided to organize a separate Harvard chapter in order to foster interest among college men. They are the ones who will later bear the brunt of the outlay of expenses."