DRAMATIC CLUB TO TAKE PART IN WELLESLEY PLAY

PRODUCTION WILL BE GIVEN ON DECEMBER 2 AND 3

Tryouts for the male parts in the Wellesley College fall production, Chekhov's "Cherry Orchard," will be held at the Rogers Building today. They are open to all men in the University from 1 until 5 o'clock, and to members of the Dramatic Club from 8 until 10 o'clock this evening.

As in former years the Dramatic Club has been invited to cast the male roles of the production. There are seven leading male parts in this year's production: Gaev, age 45; Trofimov, a perpetual student; Lophin, age 38; Epihodov, an old man; Semyonov, a landowner, the comedy part; Firs, the old valet, age 87; and Yaska, a young valet. Minor roles to be filled are those of a vagrant, a station master, and a post office clerk.

The play is to be present by the Barnswallows Association on December 2 and 3. Miss De Bank of the English Department of Wellesley College will coach the play. Both Miss De Bank and Miss Elizabeth Congleton, President of the Barnswallows, will be present at the tryouts today, to make the final choice of candidates.

"Cherry Orchard" is one of Chekhov's best known plays, and was presented in the 1929-30 season of the Theatre Guild, as one of its Subscription Dramas. The Barnswallows Association will hold an Invitation Dance at Alumni Hall at Wellesley, where the play is to be given, following each performance.