VARSITY AND FRESHMAN HARRIERS RACE TODAY

PRINCETON HAS ADVANTAGE OF HOME COURSE

One of the most important races of the cross country season will be held this afternoon at 1.30 o'clock, when the Varsity harriers race Yale and Princeton in three dual meets over the Princeton course. There will also be a Freshman race between the Harvard. Yale, and Princeton first-year men.

The meet this afternoon is expected to be close, since all three teams have been beaten once by strong opponents. Yale was defeated by a Cornell team which included runners such as Mangan, the intercollegiate mile champion; Princeton lost to Columbia by only one point in a close race over the Van Cortland Park course; and Harvard last Friday lost to the New Hampshire harriers, who were the New England champions in 1931. Princeton will have a slight advantage in the race since their runners know their own course. The two chief contenders for first place will be Arthur Foote '33, captain of the Varsity harriers, and W. R. Bonthron of Princeton.

Coach Mikkola said yesterday that he was confident-that both the Varsity and Freshman teams would do their best to win against good opposition.

The men entering the race from Harvard are as follows: Varsity; E. F. Bowditch '35, J. M. Estabrook '34, Arthur Foote '33, J. S. Hayes '33, J. W. Higgins '34, James Partor '34, A. S. Pier '35, T. A. Robinson '34, J. P. Schen '35, and C. F. Woodard '35.

Freshman, E. W. Dalton, T. L. Day, E. T. Farley, D. Gratwich, L. C. Leen, A. M. Josephy, J. R. O'Neill, L. H. Orr, R. M. Peet, R. S. Playfair.