HARVARD DEMOCRATIC CLUB WILL STUMP FOR ROOSEVELT

Harrington Calls for Men To Give Talks in Massachusetts Cities

The Harvard Democratic Club is planning another "stumping" campaign this year for the Democratic presidential candidate similar to the one they carried out for Alfred E. Smith in 1928, it was announced last night. This campaign will be run in connection with the Massachusetts State Democratic Committee and the men who are to speak nightly will be taken from willing Democrats throughout the University. A call has been issued by G. W. Harrington 3L, a member of the Executive Committee of the Club, for all men interested in taking part in the work. The men will go out from Cambridge to various cities and towns throughout the state and will make speeches in hired halls and before clubs. Trials are held in order to test the ability of the candidates and to drill them in the subject matter of their talks.

In the last presidential campaign more than three-quarters of the cities in the state were visited and enthusiastic audiences received the men with much interest.