JAYVEE ELEVEN HOLDS TEAM B TO SCORELESS TIE

TEAM C OVERCOMES SECONDS AS PERRY AND PETER STAR

Dogged resistance on the part of the Jayvee eleven yesterday afternoon held the University B team scoreless during a 50 minute scrimmage; the C team managed to score only once against the scrubs.

The B lineup started on its own 30-yard line and marched to the Second's 30-yard stripe, where they gave up the ball on downs. Whitney shortly afterwards intercepted a pass and finally maneuvered his team down to the Jayvee's two-yard line, where the scrubs again held. The Seconds displayed little offensive and were able to make but one first down against the B team.

Ferry was responsible for the lone team touchdown with a plunge from the two-yard line, but much of the credit for getting the ball in scoring position goes to Peter, who showed excellent generalship. Both men blocked well, while Sherman did some fine running.

The A team took part only in the preliminary work on blocking, tackling, and defense against New Hampshire passes.

Today's practice session will be only a light one in preparation for Saturday's game with a heavy but unwieldy New Hampshire eleven.

The lineups:

Bartol, Werner, l.e.; Barrows, Healey, l.t.; Crane, Healey, Raff, l.g.; Casey, Casale, Lockwood, c.; Rogers, Dow, Scott, Raff, r.g.; Cullen, Francisco, Kidder, r.t.; Lowe, Wolcott, r.c.; Whitney, Peter, q.b.; Waters, Ferry, f.b.; Barrett, Hurlbut, Whipple, r.h.b.; Locke, Grady, Sherman, Bennett, l.h.b.