HARVARD FAVORED TO SMASH WILDCAT PASSING ATTACKS

New Hampshire Still Smarting Under Defeats of Past Two Years--Wildcat Team Inferior to Last Season's

Starring fullback Haphey as their great passing threat, the New Hampshire Wildcats will invade the Stadium at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon in an effort to stone for two straight years of defeats administered by Harvard elevens, but the powerful Crimson A team is favored to smash the visitor's aerial offensive and send the Wildcats home defeated.

Last season a jaunty Wildcat aggregation advanced on Cambridge confident of scoring at least once, but it went back to the hills with its tail twisted into knots to the tune of 35-0. This year a team admittedly inferior to the last one is coming to Harvard with no illusions about the task ahead of it, and consequently is more likely to accomplish something.

On the other hand the Crimson coaches have no misconceptions as to the danger of the Wildcat passing attack, and the Harvard players have been thoroughly drilled in aerial defense during the past week. The University team is unfortunately weak here because of its three new A team backs, all of whom have had little actual experience in Varsity games against a strong passing threat.

Haphy, who is featured as the Wildcats' star performer, did some remarkable kicking in the Stadium last year. He is the nucleus of the New Hampshire attack, an offensive which fell to pieces against Boston University last week, when the confident Durham players came out on the tall end of a 13-6 score.

The Wildcats would be feeling much more contented today if Crickard was out of the Harvard backfield, for last year that player broke loose time and again on brilliant runs through the entire New Hampshire team, which was quite unable to stop him.

On the whole there is little danger of a victory for the visitors today, for the Harvard line is far superior to that of the Wildcats. The chief difficulty of Coach Bill Cowell lies in the inexperience of his men, and not in their weight, for he possesses plenty of poundage. With his tackles and ends averaging 190 pounds apiece, his line weakens in the guard and center positions to men all under 180 pounds. The Wildcat backfield, light and speedy, barely averages over 165 pounds.

Today's contest should see plenty of excitement, however, for a team like New Hampshire's, which is able to complete 11 out of 18 passes, will never provide a dull day for the spectators. As a matter of fact, Harvard is likely to show some good aerial work itself, if quarterback Wells can live up to the standard he set in practice and in the Buffalo game