HARVARD LEAGUE INITIAL GATHERING TO DISCUSS ARMS

Selection of President By Committee Another Change of Policy-Nations Number Thirty

"Shall the League of Nations be Armed?" is the essence of the subject that will be brought before the winter session of the Harvard League of Nations which will meet on Thursday, December 15. This topic was selected by the Committee on Preparations which is advised by B. C. Hopper '24, assistant professor of Government. The members of this committee are M. S. Knowles '34, R. L. Behrens '34, Cullison Cady '35, A. D. Cadman '35, D. S. Carmichael '35, V. H. Kramer '35 from the United States; G. V. Haythrone 1g, of Canada; Naotadu Kumagal '36, of Japan; Wolfgang Magnus 2G, of Germany; T. H. Wills 2G, of England; S. C. Tsui '33, of France, and Max Silverschmidt 1G, of Switzerland.

The topic for discussion was selected from a number of subjects that included War Debts, the Far Eastern Question, Disarmament, which was last year's question, and the Isolation of the United States. The resolution is to be framed by a sub-committee which will, in turn, send it to the heads of delegations from the 30 nations that will be represented at the meeting of the Assembly. The mode of procedure for the gathering will be determined by a committee of which wills, who has had experience in English Universities in such work, is chairman.

The policy of the League has been changed somewhat from that followed in its last session. There will be no speaker to open the discussion. The President of the Assembly will be selected by the General Committee of Nations before the actual opening of the League meeting. It is expected that the place of meeting will be in the court of the Law School; however, this has not been definitely decided upon. All interested members of Radcliffe will be invited to attend the Assembly meeting.