CHARDON STRING QUARTET WILL GIVE CONCERT SERIES

Five Chamber Music Recitals To Take Place in Brattle Hall

A series of chamber music concerts will be given by the Chardon String Quartet in Brattle Hall on five Thursday evenings, December 15, January 19, February 16, March 16, and April 20 respectively, it was announced yesterday. E.B. Hill '94, Chairman of the Division of Music, and A.T. Davison '06, Professor of Choral Music and Director of the Glee Club, are two of the sponsors of the sponsors of the project.

The program of the opening concert of the series will be: Beethoven, Sextet in E-flat, Opus 81b for String Quartet and Two Horns (with Messrs. W. Valkenier and M. Lannoye of the Boston Symphony Orchestra); Hindemith, Third String Quartet; and Brahms, Quartet in C minor, Opus 51. The members of the quartet are Norbert Lauga, first violin, Clarence Kundson, second violin, Joan Cauhapo, viola, and Yves Chardon, 'cello, all members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

Course tickets may be obtained at the Longy School of Music, 44 Church Street. Student tickets are priced at $2.50 for the series of five concerts.