CRIMSON DEBATERS TO OPPOSE YALE TONIGHT

HOLCOMBE PRESIDES OVER HOME MEETING IN KIRKLAND

With a negative team travelling to New Haven and an affirmative trio supporting Hoover's re-election in the Common Room of Kirkland House tonight at 8 o'clock, the University Debating Council will face Yale in their regular quadrennial meeting on years of presidential elections. A. N. Bolcombe '06, professor of Government has been chosen to reside over the contest in Kirkland House.

The team which will uphold the affirmative of the question "Resolved, That Hoover Should be Reelected President," at Kirkland House this evening is composed of J. J. Ryan '33, A. E. Phillips, Jr. '34, and R. H. Amberg '33. The speakers for Yale are W. A. Rill, H. D. Harfield, and W. J. Howe.

At New Haven, Harvard speakers assailing Mr. Hoover's record will be J. T. Higgins '34, S. J. Peyser '34, and D. M. Sullivan '33. Yale debaters facing them will be J. W. Tilson, Jr., Franklin Ferriss, and Roger Tubby.

These political debates with Yale are held quadrennially, in years of presidential elections. In 1928 the candidacy of Alfred E. Smith was debated, Harvard being awarded victory by an overwhelming popular vote in the home debate, but losing at New Haven. The audience acts as judges in every case.