SQUASH MEN INVITED TO PLAY IN BOWL TOURNEY

BOWL MUST BE WON THREE TIMES FOR POSSESSION

Invitation has been extended to the men of the University to enter the Middlesex Bowl Squash Tournament to be held at the Newton Centre Squash Tennis Club. Match play starts on December 17, and the finals are scheduled to be finished early in January.

For several years, Harvard men have played successfully in this tournament. The second bowl, put up for competition in 1924, has been won at least once by M. P. Baker '22, T. E. Jansen Jr. '26, and G. H. Perkins '26.

The bowl must be won three times for permanent possession, and is an object of considerable interest in the squash world every year.

The present tournament going on in the University has reached the quarter finals. Robert Grant '34 and G. H. Hartford, II '34, of the Varsity squad, are coming along strongly, as was expected. Several unknown players have advanced far enough to earn for themselves a try-out on the Varsity organization.

Announcement of four tournaments to be held during the early part of the season has been made at the Linden Street Squash Building, as follows: University Tournament, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Tournament, Business School Tournament, and Law School Tournament. A book, in which names may be entered for these tournaments, has been posted at the courts.

Coach Harry Cowles has been putting his Varsity squad through strenuous workouts for the past few weeks and looks forward to a successful though difficult season.