WRESTLERS PICKED FOR SEASON'S FIRST MATCH

Winners Will Meet Norwich Team This Saturday--McGranahan Upset By Gilbert in Close Match

Final results of the Varsity wrestling climination trials were released yesterday with the completion of the bouts late in the afternoon. Those who won the competitions in the various classes will represent the Varsity wrestling team in the match with Norwich, Saturday.

Several upsets were recorded in the last day of the eliminations yesterday One of the most exciting contests in the trials came with the defeat of E. G. Abdalah '34 by E. A. Wye '34 in the 126-pound class. The match went to two overtime periods in the last of which Wye was accorded the advantage over Abdalah, a favorite.

The summary:

113-pound class: Harold Frankel '34, uncontested.

126-pound class: E. G. Abdalah '34 defeated G. T. Wagner '35 by a fall in 8 min, 12 sec. E. A. Wye '34 defeated A. N. Smith '33 by a fall in 8 min. 5 sec. Abdalah defeated R. H. Konthow ocC by a fall in 3 min. 37 sec. Wye defeated Abdalah by an advantage in two overtime periods.

136-pound class: D. V. McGranahan '35 defeated E. W. Chard '34 by an advantage in 6 min. 59 sec. J. B. Gilbert '33 defeated McGranahan by an advantage in 5 min. overtime.

145-pound class: P. O. Johnson '34 defeated J. M. Estabrook '34 by a fall in 1 min. 3b sec.

155-pound class: M. A. Keyser '33 defeated E. N. Kimball '3b by a fall in 3 min.

165-pound class: R. W. Emory '35 defeated D. F. Way '35 by a fall in 1 min. 31 sec. Emery defeated J. A. Potter '33 by a fall in 3 min.

175 pound class: R. G. Ames '34 defeated J. R. Bigelow '33 by a fall in 8 min.

Unlimited: Gridley Barrows defeated Arnold Arenson '35 by a fall in 5 min. 52 sec