FIRST YEAR HOCKEY MEN WILL MEET ON FRIDAY

Coach Clark Hodder Will See All Men Out For Squad in Union Common Room at 5 O'Clock

The first call for 1936 hockey candidates will be issued on Friday, when Coach Clark Hodder '25 will meet all interested men in the Common Room of the Union at 5 o'clock.

Practice will begin at the Boston Garden for the Freshmen early next week and will continue regularly until the Christmas vacation. There will probably be no practice during the recess and only informal workouts during the Mid-Year examination period.

Hodder has no information as to the ability of his candidates this year although in the past there has been no dearth of good material, and better than average teams have been turned out. A good portion of last year's Freshman team are now holding down berths on the first or second division of this season's varsity squad.

At 1.30 o'clock Friday there will be a meeting for all managerial candidates at the Harvard Athletic Association. This is the regular preliminary meeting for the men and a large number are expected to turn out for the competition. At the end of February one man will be appointed manager and he will take all the responsibility of managing the team at the Yale game.