FARRELL ANNOUNCES TRACK COACHES WILL HOLD MEETING

Christmas Convention To Take Place In New York Will Hear Hutchinson

E. L. Farrell, president of the American Association of Track Coaches announced last night that the Association would hold a convention in New York during the Christmas holidays, probably Tuesday, December 27, to which all track coaches of high school teams as well as college teams will be invited.

Harry Hillman, the Dartmouth coach, who is secretary, is working on arrangements. The meeting probably will be held at the Paramount Hotel in New York. Farrell has appointed a committee of coaches, of which John Magee of Bowdoin is the chairman and H. A. Bruce, the secretary to aid Hillman with the arrangements. Farrell said that the committee intends to invite R. C. Hutchinson president of the University of Chicago to make the main address and that G. T. Kirby, chairman of the Advisory Committee of the Intercollegiate Association, would be another speaker.

A general discussion of problems of track coaches and a general review of Olympic games experiences will be in order. The coaches also will discuss the new A.A.U. decision to substitute metric distances for the yards and miles system.