POLO SQUAD LOSES GAME AND ITS CHAMPIONSHIP

HARVARD LOSES CHANCE TO WIN TROPHY FOR FOURTH TIME

In the most exciting game of the indoor pole season, the Crimson malletmen went down to defeat before a fast riding 110th Cavalry team on Saturday in the Commonwealth Armory. The 10 to 8 victory for their opponents caused the Harvard hopes for the fourth consecutive league championship to vanish in this air.

The game was hard fought all around with neither trio in the lead much of the time, although a six point handicap gave Harvard a good start. The furious onslaught of the Cavairy in the last chukker resulted in the two deciding goals which gave them the trophy honors. This was the Crimson's last league game of the season, but it will continue to perform on the Armory tanbark in intercollegiate contests, starting with the Princeton tilt next week, the first polo game with the Tiger since 1926.

Forester Clark '29, former Harvard polo star, was the mainstay of the opposition, leading his team and scoring a great many of its goals. The game was full of exciting ride-off duels, slashing, hooking, and stubborn goal line molees. The first chukker was one of stiff riding and brilliant saves for both sides, with W. F. Luton '33 and Crispin Cooke '32 gallantly holding off the better-mounted cavalrymen until the last minute of the period when Burrage poked through a goal from a stick-clicking scrimmage in which Captain F. S. Nicholas '33 lost his mallet.

The next stanza went on in the same tempo, with the teams staging one five man melee after another. Clark tallied from such a muddle in front of the Crimson goal in the closing seconds of the chukker. Harvard scored on Luton's close range drive in the next period, but the fourth chukker saw it powerless before a volley of fast drives from Clark and his teammates. Captain Roland Mangini of the Cavalry was the star of this phase of the game, netting two quick goals. Cooke's tally in the last stanza and a steaming shot for goal by Clark ended the game.

The summary: HARVARD  110th CAVALRY Luton, No. 1  No. 1, Burrage Nicholas, No. 2  No. 2, Mangini Cooke, back  back Clark

Score--110th Cavalry 10, Harvard 8, Goals--Mangini 5, Clark 4, Cooke, Luton, Burrage. Handicaps--Harvard 6. Time--Six five-minute chukkers. Referee--Robert Almy.