MILK AT MIDNIGHT

The night lunchroom which was recently installed at Eliot House has turned out to be, in its short existence, a great success. It has become the basis both for the penniless student who desires nourishment after studying and the student who has change in his pocket but is too lazy to wander up to the Square. Furthermore, it serves as a pleasant rendezvous for undergraduate groups after amusements or athletic engagements.

The Eliot cafeteria opens every evening at eight and lasts until midnight. Rarely do students appear, however, before ten P. M. and the employees are idle until that hour. At closing time the place is usually crowded and men are seen impatiently waiting to get their orders. The space is small and the occupants are many; there should be either more room or more restaurants to accommodate the growing crowd. Inasmuch as no one desires to eat until two or three hours after dinner, the Night Lunch might well open at nine-thirty or even ten, thereby relieving the employees of useless waiting. It might also be advisable to follow the plan of the Business School cafeteria, which has been extraordinarily successful, by keeping the doors open till one-thirty in the morning.