BAXTER TO ADDRESS 1935 AT NEXT UNION MEETING

Obstacles to Peace Subject Matter Of Wednesday's Talk--For Eastern Problem to be Treated.

J. P. Baxter, associate professor of History, and Master of Adams House, will give the third faculty address at the Union next Wednesday evening at 7.45 O'clock in the Large Upstairs Common room, K. F. Bowditch '35, chairman of the Freshman Committee on Faculty Speakers announced yesterday. Professor Baxter will address the first-year men on "Some Obstacles to Peace." placing special stress upon the World Court, the League of Nations impotency in the Since Japanese exists, and the prevalent dissatisfaction with the Treaty of Versailles.

A student of current history, Professor Baxter, has been especially interested in the movement for world peace. Last autumn he delivered a series of eight Lowell lectures on the "The lubrication of the Ivon-Clad Hattleship." Freshmen will have an opportunity to get a true insight into the complex problem presented by the powers in the Far East. The lecture will be preceded by a paine vecital in the lower floor Common room at 7.15 o'clock.