HARVARD AND YALE RUNNERS COMPETE IN MEET TONIGHT

Crimson Runners Deemed Superior in Many Events--Other Colleges, Field Competition May be Fatal

With the razor edge of rivalry whetted by several weeks of intense Competition, Crimson and Eli are slated to lead the field on the board track this evening at the Garden in their first meeting indoors in track history. Harvard, although a slight favorite, can easily be upset by a few overturns in the evening's racing. With seven other college listed in Class A, there is a strong likelihood that any prediction many prove false.

According to present indications, Hallowell should romp away from he field for a first in the 1000; Record should take the measure of MacDonnell of Holy Cross in the hurdles; Finlayson is expected to thrown the 35-pound weith to take a first, with Kidder some inches behind; Hawes, in spite of his recent leg injury, ought to give a good account of himself in the dash. Yale, at least, will have no threat in the two mile race, which is the Bulldog pet weakness this season. Estes and Murphy are slated to give the Crimson some six points in this event.

In the mile relay Harvard will use the same four men who ravin the Prout games,--Pearson, Morse, Record, and Dodge. With Captain McCafferty again available for Holy Cross, The chances are that the crack Purple quartet will outstride the Crimson four.

As usual Yale will be represented by a powerful contingent in the field events. Crowley and Malin have been approaching 48 feet in prctice in the shot put event: Healey and Kuehn have tossed but 44 feet in recent work-outs. The big Lowell redhead, however, looked good Thursday and may outdo the veteran Kuehn. Yale has little 35-pound weight material, but with Lee doing 14 feet in the pole vault and with such stars as Pierce and Williamson around to take more point, the Eli, in sprite of Sutermeister, are scheduled to take the event in grand style. Harvard will rely on Morse, Shuebruk, and Ferriter in the broad jump in addition to suitermeister, and on Healey, Herman and Kuehu in the high jump.

Such sprinters as Crickard, Hayes, Fescesolide, Poeter, and Shea should help Hawes get points in the dash while Cole, Grady, Hayes, and Streter should bolster the Harvard cause in the hurdles.