JOHNSON IS ELECTED NEXT YEAR'S WRESTLING CAPTAIN

New Grappling Leader Has Dropped But One Match in College Meets

Pat Orr Johnson '33 of Tulsa, Oklahoma, has been elected captain of next year's wrestling team, it was announced yesterday. Johnson prepared at Tulsa Central High School.

The new grappling leader was also captain of his Freshman team, and passed through that year undefeated. Last year he was a member of the University aggregation and again scored a straight string of victories. This season Johnson was unable to wrestle until after mid-years, and dropped his first match of the season in the Navy meet, but fully made up for that by defeating his Princeton opponent and throwing his Yale rival in the two following meets.

Johnson had considerable wrestling experience at school before the entered Harvard, and rapidly developed under Coach Gallagher's expert tutelage. He will not go up to the New England Intercollegiates, as none of the men he wrestled in the Yale meet are entering the meet. Due to the fact that the National Intercollegiate bouts are being held in the mid-west this year, no Harvard men will compete in them.