LACROSSE TEAM TO MEET JAYVEES THIS SATURDAY

Strong University Team in Prospect After Good Early Season Workouts With Coach Sayles

Playing their first game of the season before a group of New England lacrosse officials to demonstrate the new rules which will go in to force this season, the University lacrosse team will engage with the Jayvee twelve on the field behind the Business School this Saturday afternoon at 3 o'clock.

Practices, which are held daily outdoors, have shown even this early in the season that the team will be superior to last year's. Among the letter men who show great promise are: C. E. Angle '33, R. M. Lowman, '32, H. M. Myerson '32, W. I. Tucker '33, and W. W. Watt '32. By April 1, when the team engages in its first intercollegiate game with M.I.T., Coach Madison Sayles '27, hopes to have a point-a-minute team.

The Freshman squad lacks enough members to make a full team, and unless more first year men wish to secure their numerals for lacrosse, the scheduled games with Tufts, Brown, M.I.T., and Yale, will have to be cancelled. Since no experience is necessary, all those who are not engaged in other sports are urged to report for practice and instruction.