1935 ENGINEERS MAY TRANSFER TO GET INTO HOUSES

Thirty Freshmen in Question Should Have Fair Marks For Shift--Will Be Taken In as Special Group

Booklets, letters, and applications have been sent to every man of the Freshman Class with the exception of the 30 first year men who are enrolled in the Engineering School, it was learned from University Hall yesterday.

When the Houses were planned, they were originally intended only for upperclassmen taking courses under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, although upperclassmen in the Engineering School are at present residing in the Houses. The idea of the House Plan when fully put into effect would thus mean the elimination from the Houses of all students in the professional and graduate schools. In accordance with the plan, the phrase entitling members of the Engineering School to the same privileges enjoyed by students in the College was deleted from the University Catalogue this year.

From the Catalogue, it was learned that Freshmen in the Engineering School with sufficiently good grades may transfer to the College as Sophomores with little difficulty; in fact, when members of the Class of 1935 applied they were advised to register under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences if they desired to take any courses except Engineering sciences, since the curriculum of the Engineering School was recently narrowed. Under the aegis of the College in the division of Engineering Sciences of the department of Physical Sciences, students may take the same courses under the same instructors that are given in the Engineering School.

All Freshman engineers who desire to transfer to the College to secure admission to the Houses, it is understood, will be taken in as a special group, and concessions will be made concerning the satisfaction of language requirements.