GREGERSEN APPOINTED WINTHROP HEAD TUTOR

GREGERSEN HAS BEEN HELPFUL IN HOUSE ACTIVITIES

Halfdan Gregersen, Instructor in French, has been appointed to be Senior Tutor of John Winthrop House after the retirement of the present incumbent, P. S. Wild, Jr., instructor in Government at the end of this academic year.

Mr. Gregersen, who will assume his new position this fall has been a resident tutor of the House for the past year, and has taken an active part in the formulation of House activities under R. M. Ferry '12, associate professor of Biochemistry and Master of the House, and Dr. Wild. Mr. Gregersen has also been prominent in arranging the musicales in the Common Room and providing for house entertainments. He is a graduate of Stanford, and took his degree at Columbia after graduate study both at Harvard and Columbia.

Dr. Wild, the retiring Senior Tutor, is leaving to marry Miss Marian Lewis of Syracuse, New York, but he will continue to be associated with the House as a non-resident tutor in government. Dr. Wild took his B.A. at Wisconsin in 1926, and M.A. at Harvard in the following year, attaining his Ph.D. last year, when he also became Senior Tutor of Winthrop House.

He has assisted Professor Ferry in the arrangement of room assignments, formation of groups within the House, and in the solution of problems which have arisen during the first year of the House's existence.