FRESHMAN HOOPSTERS EDGE FIGHTING ST. ANSELM'S 23-21

Speedy Play and Passing Combined in Team's Rejuvenation--Visitors Rally In Second Half

Showing improved form, the Freshman basketball team defeated the St. Anselm hoopsters by the score of 23 to 21 at the New Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon.

By fast playing and good passing, the Crimson courtmen took the lead early in the game and at the end of the first half the score stood 20 to 14 in favor of the Freshmen. In the second half the St. Anselm team sunk a number of goals and brought the score up to 20 all. With only two minutes to play and the score still even J. A. Fitzpatrick '35, playing left forward, sunk three foul shots bringing the Freshman out ahead. R. G. Fletcher '35 was the high scorer of the fray with a total of eight points. He was closely followed by J. D. Stephen '35 who made seven points, and Fitzpatrick with six. R. C. Boys '35, stellar player in past games, sprained his ankle in the first half and it is probable that he may be unable to play against Yale next Saturday.

The summary: HARVARD '35  ST. ANSELM Fletcher, r.f.  l.f., Howe, Bettby Martin, Fitzpatrick, r.f.  r.f., Deluise, Plechowshl Boys, Zimmerman, c.  c., McCarthy, Dougherty Drimmer, r.g.  l.g., Galligan, Avery Stephen, Moore, l.g.  r.g. Yarrculis, Lehr

Score--Harvard '35 23, St. Ansolm 21. Points--Harvard Fletcher 8, Stephen 7, Fitzpatrick 6. Boys 2, St. Anschn: Deluise 1, Piechowski 4, Howe 3, Bettby 9, Galligan 4. Personal fouls--Zimmerman 2, Drimmer 4, Stephen 1, Piechowski 2, Bettby 2, Yarrculis 1, Lehr 1, Galligan 3, Referee--Parker. Time--Two 20-minute periods.