PROFESSORS TO SPONSOR NEW EDUCATIONAL PLAN

SMYTH AND CROTHERS HAVE BEEN CONNECTED WITH SCHOOL

Fifteen members of the Harvard University faculty will sponsor a venture in progressive coeducational secondary education being conducted by the Cambridge School at Kendal Green, it was announced last night.

The plan followed by R. P. French, headmaster of the school, calls for little restriction on the pupils other than that they complete the assigned work in the allotted ime. It is also believed by the school's sponsors that too much emphasis is placed on college entrance examinations in secondary schools today.

This method is intended to stimulate an interest in their work on the part of the students and to remove the laborious class recitation. Laboratory periods in which teachers are used more as advisers or tutors than as instructors have been substituted for classes.

Of the 15 members of the Harvard faculty who have lent their names to the scheme, two, H. W. Smyth '78, professor of Greek Literature emeritus, and Bronson Crothers '05, assistant professor of Pediatrics, who is president of the board, have already been connected with the school.

These members in addition to Dean Holmes are R. Buckinham, lecturer at the School of Education; W. F. Dearborn, director of the psycho-educational clinic of the Graduate School; C. M. Cambell, professor of Psychiatry; E. L. Chafee, Professor of Physics; Felix Frankfurter, professor of Administrative Law; E. F. Gay, professor of Economic History; C. H. Grandgent '83, professor of Romance Languages; M. O. Hudson, professor of International Law; P. J. Sachs '00, associate director of the Fogg Art Museum; F. G. Peabody, professor of Theology, emeritus; S. W. Sperry, dean of the Theological School; Dr. Alfred Worcester '78, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene.