RIFLE CLUB POSTPONES BEGINNING OF PRACTICE

Opening of Spring Season Is Delayed By Construction Work at Range--Set Date For B.C. Match

Activities of the Harvard Rifle Club, which were to start this week, will be delayed until the following one due to construction work being carried on at the Walnut Hill Range, it was announced by officials of the club yesterday.

The only match scheduled so far is one with Boston College on Friday, May 6, but it is hoped that meets can also be held with Trinity College, Boston University, and rifle clubs in the vicinity of Boston. The Walnut Hill Club, which the Harvard organization just joined this year, provides ample facilities for both sub-calibre and heavy calibre shooting. Six new pistol butts are now being constructed in addition to those already existing.

Members of the Rifle Club, which now includes some 70 men, will be able to go out daily during the week to shoot at Walnut Hill under the guidance of a member of the executive committee. The six man team will be chosen on the basis of scores made in the practice shooting, but on one can shoot at all unless he has paid his yearly dues.

A pamphlet was recently sent around to members of the club, giving comprehensive information about the activities and organization of the club.