HARVARD TO SEND MAN TO POETRY CONVENTION

SULLIVAN WAS HARVARD MEMBER LAST YEAR

For the third consecutive year, both Radcliffe and Harvard will send delegates to the annual Intercollegiate Poetry Reading Convention, which will be held on Saturday evening, May 7, at Amherst College. Any Harvard undergraduate wishing to be considered for membership in the Convention should consult Professor Packard in Holden Chapel between 2 and 4 o'clock today.

Each year, delegates gather from about a dozen Eastern colleges to foster interest in poetry; it is believed that only through proper oral rendition can poetry achieve its ultimate possibilities as a means of real enjoyment. It is the purpose of the Convention to bring about an improvement in that direction. The program consists in a series of five-minute recitations of poetry by the delegates, each of whom selects his own part.

Sullivan Harvard Delegate Last Year

Last year, the Convention was held at Wellesley College, and delegates from Amherst, Dartmouth, Harvard, Mount Holyoke, Princeton, Radcliffe, Smith, Yale, and numerous other colleges. Harvard's representative was D. M. Sullivan '33, who read excerpts from the poetry of Mary Wells. Margaret Ruggles of Radcliffe read poems by Leonard Speyer. The--delegates to this year's Convention will be the dinner guests of the Drama Department of Amherst.