HARVARD ENTRIES WITHDRAWN FROM PENN RELAY RACES

Opening Date Advanced to Princeton Meet Next Week--Had Two Relay Teams Entered in Penn Carnival

For the first time in many years, Harvard will not be represented in the annual Penn relays at Philadelphia, it was learned late last night. Conflicting divisional examinations and a leg injury sustained in practice by N. P. Dodge '33 have caused the unexpected withdrawal of both the sprint medley and mile relay teams, which were scheduled to open the spring track season in the annual carnival on Friday and Saturday, April 29 and 30.

N. P. Dodge '33, N. P. Hallowell, Jr. '32, H. F. Kollmyer '33, J. H. Pearson '32, and E. E. Record '32 were the five members of the Crimson team who were slated to make the trip with Coach Farrell. Although there were no individual entires, the relay runners were expected to place well. Dodge, Record, Kollmyer, and Hallowell made up the team entered in the sprint medley relay on Friday, with Pearson replacing Hallowell for the mile relay on the following day. Open Season at Princeton

The opening of the season is now advanced to Saturday, May 7, when the team will enter its first dual meet at Princeton. The members of the team who do not make the Princeton trip will compete in the Greater Boston Intercollegiates, which will be held in the Stadium on the same day.

After the Princeton meet, the University team has two dual contests remaining on its schedule, facing Dartmouth and Yale on successive week ends. The I.C.4A meet will be held at Berkeley, California, on Friday and Saturday, July 1 and 2.

In the Penn meet last year, Harvard's mile relay team showed unexpected strength to take second place as the Penn quartet equalled the record. Less successful in the medley, the Crimson trackmen took a hard-fought sixth place in this event. Harvard's representation was to be smaller this year than previously.