GERMANIC MUSEUM SHOWS DUTCH PAINTERS' WORKS

Exhibition Including No Rembrandt Illustrates 75-Year Period During Which Art Flourished in Holland

The Germanic Museum is ending the season with an exhibit of Dutch landscape, genre, and still life painting of the seventeenth century, that illustrates the extraordinary versatility and skill of the painters of Holland in this period.

The golden era of Dutch painting lasted but three generations, but during these brief 75 years some of the finest pictures that the world has ever seen were produced.

Rembrandt, the outstanding personality of the second generation of Dutch painting, is not included in the exhibition.

The exhibition as a whole has astounding variety and range of interest. It supports Dr. Valentiner's statement that "no other country or period has been so rich in artistic individualities, or created so many excellent works of art worthy of our interest and enthusiasm, as the Dutch school of the seventeenth century."

The works of Rembrandt's pupils Ferdinand Bol, and Nicholas Mass, do not suffer by comparison with him.