TAYLOR WILL FACE COLBY NINE TODAY IN HOME CONTEST

Maine Not Expected To Repeat 9-7 Victory at 4 O'Clock After Crimson's 29-3 Rout of B.U. Saturday

Another successful exhibition of Harvard's improved baseball should be the result of the game with Colby on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock today. After the recent work of the Crimson nine, Coach Mitchell regards a fray with any team that Colby can bring here as nothing worth serious worry, although last year's defeat at the hands of the invaders was a startling upset, and has left an impression here of what a formidable batting attack really is. But since the Thursday's 29 to 3 rout of the Boston University nine has been noised abroad, it is generally felt that last season's come-down will remain merely an unpleasant memory in the Harvard camp. Gleason is Coach Mitchell's present selection to cover the initial sack, as a result of a little competition for this position in which Sheldon, Adams, and Lockwood have been the other claimants.

Devens, who is surrendering the pitching duties to Taylor, may also watch today's battle from centre field, while resting his twirling arm for Saturday's reception of the Penn State team.

Adams will probably occupy the position Gleason had at center.