FRESHMAN DEBATERS TO FACE YALE HERE TONIGHT

INVADERS WILL DINE IN UNION BEFORE CONTEST

Hoping to imitate the double victory of the University Debating Council over Yale last Friday, the Freshman Debating teams will meet Yale tonight in two contests, one in New Haven and the other in the Large Common Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock.

The group which will defend the affirmative of the question, "Resolved, That the trend toward vocational education in American colleges and universities should be deplored," is composed of F. deW. Bolman '35, O. M. Lurie '35, and H. H. Freedlander '35, and will make the trip to Yale. In the large Common Room of the Union, the Freshman negative team made up of F. L. Wiegand, Jr. '35, Morris Pfaelzer II '35, and Robert Kramer, Jr. '35 will oppose a Yale group composed of Lyman Spitzer, Jr., Wilson Sked, and Lincoln Brownell.

Preceding the debate, there will be a dinner in the Upstairs Common Room for the Yale team, and members of the Freshman Debating Council. Dr. W. S. Howell, Instructor in Public Speaking, will preside at the debate and the judges will be Professor Newell Maynard, professor of Public Speaking at Tufts College, Dr. Horace Howe, and Carey Chamberlain.

During the debate the winner of the Thomas Jefferson Coolidge Prize, awarded annually on the basis of showing in the trials for the Yale contest and work in debating throughout the season, will be announced.

This meet will be the last of the season for the Freshman Debating Council.