BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL PLAN INDUSTRIAL TOUR

EUROPEAN AND SOUTHERN TRIPS ALSO ENCOURAGED

Tentative plans for an industrial tour of the United States, to take place during the summer months for men who are unable to secure work, met with enthusiasm when about 40 first year Business School students gathered in Baker Library on Friday afternoon to signify their interest. More will probably enroll when definite plans are made.

The Business School does not plan to conduct or supervise the tour, but only wishes to encourage, during this year of industrial depression, the students who cannot secure positions to employ their time in a manner which is as profitable educationally.

Rall Itinerary Abandoned

Originally, it was planned to organize a trip by rail, to cover an itinerary of approximately 4000 miles through the mid-west and south, but this had to be abandoned.

The School will now act as an adviser for the men who make the trip, helping them in choosing an itinerary and in making contacts with industrial concerns.

Five or six men plan to hire a cruiser which they will use as a base for inland excursions to industrial plants in the South.

As in former years, Professor J. A. DeHaas will conduct a European tour of factories and industrial organizations with 15 or 20 students, and the tours of this country are planned on somewhat the same basis except that there will be no official supervision by a member of the faculty of the Business School.

The Business School usually stipulates that men should secure work during the summer, but in the present depression it was felt that students who are unable to find work would profit as much by such tours, and so is endeavoring to encourage their organization.